Past President Legacy Scholarship Program
Los Angeles Tenth District’s Past President Legacy Scholarship Program was founded in honor of the past presidents who have served the Los Angeles Tenth District PTSA since 1920. These amazing volunteers have dedicated many years of service advocating for all students in the Los Angeles Unified School District. Their love and dedication will carry on through this scholarship program to assist students in reaching their goals after high school.
Scholarship Award Components: Three (3) $5,000; Four (4) $2,500; Five (5) $ $1,000 scholarships which will be selected by the LA Tenth District PTSA past president scholarship committee.
- Be a California resident.
- Graduating from our Los Angeles Tenth District PTSA service area public high school in California.
- A member of his/her high school PTSA in good standing. Applicant must be a member by January 15, 2022 (for this year only).
- Attend the Financial Literacy Workshop and Life Event and be in complete attendance for all two (2) days event held on the last Saturday of April. (Workshop details will be sent to the selected applicants).
Applicant must submit the following information:
- An official transcript showing a grade point average of 2.5 or higher for senior year fall semester grade report.
- A copy of the applicant current PTSA membership card.
- An essay on responsibility or role in PTSA if applicable, educational goals, your career plans goals and objectives and any other information you feel would be valuable to the selection committee. Also, all school service-related activities, including any service you provide to others in your school, without using abbreviations for any organizations listed and your volunteer service in the community.
- A vision board of your goals.
- Proof of at least 40 Hours of Community Service.
- Two (2) formal reference letters on company letterhead, one (1) from each: teacher/administrator and/or community member (work/volunteer manager, supervisor, clergy, community leader, coach, etc.)
- Essay and vision board must be mailed together in ONE envelope or submitted via email to LA10thScholarships@gmail.com (faxed submissions will not be accepted). The application packet must be received in the Los Angeles Tenth District PTSA office by close of business Tuesday, February 1st, 2022, if mailed, or by 11:59 PM PDT if submitted via email LA10thScholarships@gmail.com (NO EXCEPTIONS) Scholarship recipients will receive Certificate of Award and Recognition at our Annual Luncheon on Wednesday, May 18th, 2022. Scholarship recipients must provide proof of college, trade or vocational enrollment and proof of completion of high school to the Los Angeles Tenth District PTSA office by July 1st, 2022, by mail or via email through LA10thScholarships@gmail.com. A check for the scholarship will be sent directly to the recipient.
Please mail or submit application, essay and vision board in person to:
LOS ANGELES TENTH DISTRICT PTSA
300 Corporate Pointe, Suite 225
Culver City, CA 90230
or email to: